These muffins are so delicious that my kids all ask for them for dessert – they have no idea they’re stuffed with vegetables.
I use these fun silicone muffin liners instead of paper ones, the kids also love the bright colors and fun shapes.
Ingredients (makes 24 muffins)
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 2 “eggs” from Bob’s Red Mill egg replacer
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup medium zucchini
- 1 cup carrots (either shredded or use 1.5 cups baby carrots)
- 1 cup apple
- Sprinkles or other decorations
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the vegan eggs as directed on the package.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, and oil.
- In another large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar and egg mixture. The batter will be very thick.
- In a food processor, blend the zucchini, apple, and carrot.
- Add the fruit and veggies to the batter.
- Top with vegan sprinkles or dots
- Pour the batter into the muffin liners and bake for 25-30 minutes.